Q&A with Genesys: Leveraging technology for CX success
Brendan Dykes, Director of Strategic Marketing at Genesys
- Tell us about Genesys. With over 25 years of experience in developing customer experience solutions, starting with call centres, Genesys® now powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day.
- What is Genesys’ USP? Combining the best of technology and human ingenuity, we build solutions that mirror natural communication and work in the same way as you think. Our industry-leading solutions foster true omnichannel engagement, performing equally well across all channels, on-premise and in the cloud.
- What are Genesys’ core values in CX? We believe that prospects, customers and businesses should experience communication as it should be: fluid, instinctive and profoundly empowering to remove frustration, leading to the best marketing, sales and customer service outcomes.
- Do you think the human element will always be necessary within the provision of CX? I do. At Genesys, we embrace the power of automation and are leading in its use for efficient service delivery, but we also understand that when people are really in need, they want to interact with a human being with sensitivity.
- How do you think technology will impact customer experience in the future? Although the volume of telephone calls to business is hardly lowering, the growth of other channels continues to grow. We thought that web chat would be the future, but now it’s more likely to be other forms of messaging via mobile and social media platforms that will take over. This working alongside machine learning and natural language processing will free the contact centre to focus on those hard-to-solve issues.
- How has technology changed customer expectations within the industry? People no longer measure their customer experiences against your competitors or even within your industry sector, but against the best-in-class in all other leading sectors. They expect you to be immediately accessible and ultimately consistent. The application of new technologies like chatbots, artificial intelligence and augmented and virtual reality, in some businesses has changed expectations for everyone.
- Why is it important for businesses to embrace new technology? With the ability to easily replicate products and services, the customer experience is becoming the key business differentiator. New customer engagement technologies allow you to gain a competitive advantage by enabling hyper-personalisation, providing omnichannel engagement and delivering truly intelligent automation to ensure you are present with the best service 24/7.
- Do you think that the likes of AI, AR and VR are bridging the gap between customer expectations and customer satisfaction? They are all contributing to moving the needle on delivering exceptional customer experience. It’s early days and some of this technology has been clunky in certain industries, but we know that it will only get better - that’s exactly why we are driving innovative use of such technology as we focus squarely on improving customer experiences.
- What is the future for Genesys within the world of customer experience? As a world-leading provider of customer experience solutions that blend the power of automation with the skills of the human touch, we will continue to explore, innovate and accelerate the delivery of technological solutions that enable our customers to create even more exceptional customer experiences for theirs.
You can meet the Genesys team on stand 2210 at the show!